[Using your phone] – the three horizontal bars in the upper right corner – allow you to use the menus to navigate this web site.
These web pages outline the Debt the City of McGregor has amassed in recent years. Some of the information is very detailed and is best viewed on a computer rather than a phone. As a Community – let’s encourage our City officials to change their spending habits.
As a Community, We Are Allowing “The Ever Expanding Bureaucracy”
As taxpayers, we certainly understand we are all “taxed excessively” and enjoy “expensive services” at every level of government.
Government Money Managers are rewarded for “creating the need for tax money” and spending it all “before someone else gets it.”
- By design and desire – there are no “financial incentives” for Bureaucrats to “save and return the money” to the general fund to be utilized for another, perhaps better, purposes.
- Bureaucrats are competing for the “ever-increasing necessary funding.” This “spend it or lose it mentality” persists in all governments.
- Government leaders have a “go along to get along” attitude that encourages “I’ll vote for your interests if you will vote for mine.”
Our “financial issues” begin with the Federal, State, County, and Local Government Bureaucrats.
The Self Serving Government Bureaucrats:
- Create the illusion of Community “need” – [create new employee positions to service that apparent need].
- Borrow money to the legal limits to insure constant Debt and Debt service [and the continuing need for their services].
- Allocate and dedicate future money ASAP – [before someone else does].
- Invoice and collect every possible dollar from every possible funding source – [especially taxpayers].
- Spend all funding as soon as possible – [exaggerate the urgency and immediate need].
- Promote and advance existing personnel from within – [better encourages the herd mentality].
- Delay the responsibility and financial liability for the next administration to worry about. [Let our children worry about the future Debt].
- Annually – again, re-create the illusion of Community “need” – [repeat, rinse, repeat, etc.].
Supervise Bureaucrats – and – always verify their spending and reporting.
As a Community, we should decide and focus the “most important issues” and work diligently on them.
We do not have the tax base to fund every project any individual or small group can offer us.
Regardless of political party, we should all be working together to control spending and reduce taxes.
To control spending we should individually supervise all public spending constantly.